London Fashion Week Festival 2018

My friend Heather and I decided to by tickets to attend London Fashion Week Festival. We bought the Gold ticket (around £60), which was rather pricey but we were both desperate to go. This enabled us access to a designer and a trend show, as well as access to the floor area where they sold a uniquely curated selection of clothes and a free tote bag.

We arrived at the festival and picked up our tote bag, a beautiful Markus Lupfer designed bag with a floral design on one side and a pair of lips on the other.

Heather beautifully modelling the complimentary tote.

The first show we went to see was Juicy Couture. Sitting down at the catwalk was so exciting, as we sat there waiting I felt myself getting more and more excited. This was the first fashion show I'd ever seen and after years of following fashion week and watching fashion shows, it felt like something out of a dream. Not going to lie, I felt like super cool.


They played us a video talking about the history of Juicy Couture and where the brand is now. Juicy Couture being known for their tracksuits, have been re-inventing that image and the famous velour tracksuit. 


One way in which they re-imagined the tracksuit was with co-ords. My favourite was this leopard print co-ord of a cropped jacket and mini skirt, paired with a sequinned black top. This print is a failsafe print to make you look cool, especially in a co-ord. 


My other favourite look from the Juicy Couture show was this jumpsuit. The beautiful colour with the flattering flared shape makes for an amazing outfit. I loved how the model's long flowing hair looked with this long flowing outfit as well. 


In between the Juicy Couture show and our next show we wandered around the festival. They had a collection of discounted designers clothes and a showroom full of designers where you could purchase their clothes. This was painful as there were so many beautiful items that I couldn't afford. There was a collection of glittery, brightly coloured Saint Laurent boots that caused me so much pain. As well as this there were lots of photo opportunity spots, such as the one in the photo above. Instax had a backdrop with several coloured lights projected onto it, it was pretty to look at and made everybody look photogenic so win win. 


The next show was a Trend catwalk where they showcased the predicted trends for Spring/Summer 2018. The three trends were Vintage Vacation, New Wave and Cyber Sports. New Wave was my favourite as I love everything about it the 80s style tailoring, big sleeves and ruffles. The photo above with the 80s style oversized suit was my favourite look from the show. I love how the oversized shape of it is still so flattering.


As a lover amongst many of co-ords I decided to wear my mum's Theory pink corduroy suit. I decided to go for a pink and red theme to match the suit. Therefore I wore a red velvet polo neck top  I got from a shop in Lisbon. I not only love how the colours look with each other but also how the different textures of the corduroy and velvet look with each other. I also wore my beloved white leather boots from Mango. I love how instantly cool they make any outfit look and the nod to the 60s.


Sticking with my pink and red theme (with the exception of the boots obviously) I wore a pink fluffy scrunchie from Urban Outfitters, which paired with my co-ord suit made me feel like I was in Clueless. The pinkness continued with my heart shaped pink earrings from Asos. I also wore my red over exaggerated cat eye sunglasses which I got in a vintage shop in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district.  I then continued the redness with red eyeshadow (actually red blush from NYX) and red lipstick (from Aldi!). 

If any of you are considering going to London Fashion Week Festival I would definitely recommend it. Just watching a catwalk show in person is so exciting and seeing predicted trends being pieced together in outfits is so interesting.  I also loved seeing the attendees' outfits that they'd put together to wear to the festival. The whole atmosphere around the festival is an amazing experience, everyone in one place together all with the same interest of fashion.

Thanks for reading,

Roma x













Comments

Popular Posts