The Wombats 2018


In March I went to see The Wombats at Alexandra Palace. It was my first time visiting Alexandra Palace and the venue blew me away. I loved the architecture with the stained glass windows and the panoramic views of London were astounding. The set up of Alexandra Palace was really impressive too, they had a huge selection of food stalls and a lovely sitting area set up like an outdoor park except it was indoor. It was one of the best gigs I've been to in terms of waiting before the gig as you could chill, eat food and the building was so big so there was plenty of space to sit and wait without standing up and getting all sweaty.


The actual gig was super fun from start to finish. The Wombats have so many tunes that instantly put me in a good mood with their catchy and upbeat tunes, even their sad songs make me feel happy as the beats are so cheery. They played a variety of old and new songs, including a few songs from their newest album 'Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life' and my two favourite songs 'Kill the Director' and 'Techno Fan'. They also obviously played the banger that is 'Lets Dance to Joy Division' which got us all happily dancing and may or may not have made my younger teenager self's life. The Wombats were really energetic and engaging and I had a blast.

I will definitely be attending more gigs at Alexandra Palace as I had such an enjoyable gig experience. It almost felt like attending a festival, it wasn't the usual claustrophobic, exhausting and sweaty experience that gigs are,

Thanks for reading,
Roma x

Comments

Popular Posts