Harry Styles 2018

In April 2018 I went to see Harry Styles at the Manchester Arena. When Harry Styles released his solo tickets for his first tour I was desperate to go but couldn't find anyone willing to join me. Therefore when he released his arena tour tickets I was even more desperate to go and had managed to find a companion in my friend Meredith.


I was never a huge fan of One Direction, I liked some of their songs but I wasn't obsessed with them. When Harry released his solo album I instantly became a massive fan. I love every single song on the album, I'm not even lying. I'm a big fan of old 70s rock which clearly is a massive inspiration for the whole album. I've been listening to the album nearly everyday after it was released (no lie) and may or may not know pretty much every single word. My favourite songs currently are Woman, From the Dining Table, Kiwi and Only Angel.


The concert was so exciting, I'd been eagerly waiting for it for so long as I can safely say he's become one of my favourite singers and the album has too become one of my favourites. He was very energetic and charming, constantly keeping the crowd entertained. The songs were even better live than I'd imagined. He also performed one of my favourite Fleetwood Mac songs, The Chain (which I knew he was going to do before the concert, so me and my friend Meredith spent most of the concert anticipating the starting guitar part of The Chain). 


Obviously, one of the greatest things about Harry Styles is his fashion sense. He did not disappoint for this concert. He wore a beautiful red Alexander McQueen suit (that apparently was pink but I maintain it was red) with a striped black and white shirt underneath. We managed to get a great view of his outfit when he ran past our seats to the second stage to sing Sweet Creature and some other songs. He also waved at us, which may or may not have made my whole life.


Overall the show was so much fun from start to finish and was even better than I imagined it to be (if that was possible). He really knows how to put on a show and every single song was so beautiful to listen to live.

Thanks for reading,

Roma x


Comments

Popular Posts