January Disposable Diary 2018

I decided for 2018 I'd try to use a disposable camera a month (an expensive habit I know). I love disposable cameras, I love the way the photos never turn out right and how you never know what the photo is going to look like or if it will even develop. I'd love to get a film camera one day, I need to research them more. However I'd be scared to take it out with me (especially on nights out) as they're so expensive where as losing one disposable camera matters slightly less.

Therefore, I thought I'd share with you my photos from each month obviously starting with January (late I know).

6th January 2018: 
Alice, on the bus, with the Aladdin Sane make-up.
Me, dressed as David Bowie on Top Pop, with a bottle of red wine, on the bus.
Alice and Me, at Gorilla's David Bowie's Birthday Party.
Me at Gorilla's David Bowie's Birthday Party.
Eyepatch: Made by me, Scarf: H&M X Maje, Shirt: TK Maxx, Jumpsuit: Urban Outfitters
My friend Alice and I went to a David Bowie Birthday Party at Gorilla. David Bowie is one of my favourite singers (maybe even my favourite). The night was amazing, playing all David Bowie songs all night. I have to admit I did feel a bit emotional when they started playing his newer albums towards the end, especially when one attendee made us all stand in a circle and hold hands and spin around. The event page encouraged dressing up and said a prize would be awarded for the best dressed (however this didn't actually happen and few people dressed up. So obviously I had to whip something together, especially as a lover of David Bowie's style. I managed to find items in my wardrobe that were very similar to David Bowie when he was on Top Pop.
Photo by Gijsbert Hankeroot/Redferns

13th January 2018:
My friend Anshula and I at Electric Ballroom.
Top: Urban Outfitters, Bralette: Victoria's Secret, Trousers: M&S
Myself and a bunch of my friends went to Electric Ballroom's Propaganda Night. It's an indie/rock night, however there's another floor which played classic club tunes and hip-hop. I love both indie and rock therefore it's one of my ideal nights out.

19th January 2018:
My friend Gabby in Udderlicious.
My friend Gabby came to stay with me at university. I obviously had to take her to my favourite ice cream place Udderlicious, which has quickly become her favourite ice cream place after I took her last time she came to stay with me. I would definitely recommend Udderlicious to anyone, they offer a variety of flavours which change monthly (with a monthly special) and they offer vegan ice creams too.
My friend Sylvie and I at Heaven, pretending to do the Titanic pose.
My friends Sylvie, Amelia, Robyn and me.
Top: Monki
For one of my friend from school's birthday a bunch of us went to Heaven. I really loved Heaven, the music wasn't necessarily always to my taste (I mean there is a limit to how many Little Mix songs I can listen to in a row), but I had a fab night. We also managed to randomly bump into other friends from school who coincidentally happened to be there that night (as pictured in the last photo).

Thanks for reading,
Roma x



Comments

Popular Posts